Friday, May 15, 2015

mother's day

being a mom is just the toughest job, isn't it? when we were down in california for beckett's birthday, my oma asked me if beckett would be okay to run an errand with my uncle or if he would feel uncomfortable being away from me. i thought that beckett would be fine (especially since the errand was going to a bakery) and he was, but the idea of it got me thinking. i can remember being very young and having babysitters or being over at somebody's house for a play date and missing my mom. wishing that she was there. knowing i would always feel most at ease, most content at home with my mom. i look at beckett and heath and i can NOT wrap my mind around the fact that i am that person to them. for them i am home. i am comfort. the feeling of that is exhilarating and terrifying. it's just such a huge thing to mean so much to another person. and i don't want to mess that up. i want to do a great job, especially since i picked to have them, but they didn't get to choose me. anyways, that's my super deep mother-type thought for the day. ha! i am so grateful for my boys and what a perfect fit we are for each other; and that my job isn't nearly as hard as it could be, since i have a super active and involved person to team up with. i don't know how single moms do it. truly. i do know that i love my guys and as jen hatmaker would say, they make me feel all the feelings. happy mother's day, moms!



No comments:

Post a Comment